1. Commissionaires is a leading Canadian security services provider—led and managed by veterans for veterans.
2. Established in 1925, our mandate is to create meaningful employment opportunities for former members of the Canadian Forces and RCMP, serving those who have served our nation.
3. Commissionaires is a not-for-profit organization that proudly delivers over 90% of its revenues back to its members, both veteran and non-veteran, by operating a thriving, self-sustaining business with revenues exceeding $530 million annually.
4. Commissionaires is a national organization with almost 21,000 employees in 1,200 communities across Canada.
5. We are the largest private employer of veterans in Canada. More than 1,000 former members of the Canadian Forces and RCMP are hired by Commissionaires each year, joining the thousands of veterans who are already employed by the organization.
6. Commissionaires provides advanced security services including guarding, security consulting, fingerprinting and identification services, bylaw enforcement, and security training programs, providing diverse and challenging employment opportunities.
7. The skills and training that veterans bring to Commissionaires allow us to best serve a variety of private and public sector clients such as air and sea ports, border crossings, commercial enterprises, government facilities, institutions, and individual Canadians.
8. Commissionaires is led by an experienced and focused team of professionals, most of whom are veterans. This includes a volunteer Board of Governors comprising professionals from various industries, including many former members of the Canadian Forces and RCMP, as well as other distinguished Canadians, who lend their leadership and sound business judgment to Commissionaires.
9. Commissionaires has remained the principal supplier of guard services to the Federal Government since 1945, when the Government of Canada recognized our contribution to veterans and awarded Commissionaires a significant portion of Government of Canada security guarding services contracts across Canada. This relationship between the Government and Commissionaires is beneficial to the Canadian taxpayer because the services that are supplied to the Government are priced at cost.
10. Commissionaires has had an Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of National Defence since 2010 to provide private sector employment opportunities for injured or ill Canadian Forces members as part of the reintegration process for Canadian Forces members transitioning to the civilian workforce following their service careers.